Standing on my head…

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like you should stand on your head for awhile after an IUI?  Laying flat for 15 minutes afterwards just doesn’t feel adequate enough to me, lol.  As you may have guessed, we went for IUI #2 on Saturday.  It’s been 10 months since our 1st IUI.  They upped my dosage on Letrozole by 5 mg this time and I took it cd3-7.  We had our mid cycle ultrasound this past Friday.  DH was unable to make it because he had to stay home and take care of the daycare kiddos.  My Mom was unfortunately bit by her cat the previous Sunday and has a useless left hand right now.  Apparently, cat bites can be as dangerous as the bite of a venomous snake bit according to the vet.  She’s been having to go to the hospital every 8 hours for IV antibiotics since last Wednesday.  So, moral of the story is, if you ever get more than a nip from a cat, go straight to the dr or hospital immediately.  Anyways, back to the ultrasound.  I really like our new clinic…so far it’s been all women that I’ve worked with which I kind of like.  They got me right in and were checking follicles and then they also wanted to check ovarian reserve and cervical length.  I had one 20mm follicle on my left ovary and then a 13mm on my right.  There was also other things on my right ovarian, they thought maybe a sac left over from last month or a cyst.  Nothing they were too worried about though.  They said the RE would look at the images for the other stuff and if this one doesn’t work she would use it to determine next steps.  I gave myself the trigger shot before I left the dr. office (DH did it last time) and we went in Sat. morning just before 11am to do the IUI since they’re not open on Sundays.  The IUI was still not pleasant but it was not nearly as bad as last time.  They have to use a tenaculam (or as I call it, the pliers) to pull on my cervix to get the catheter in.  The other clinic the RE took at least 30 minutes to do the procedure and I was in tears at least half the time.  This clinic I had a PA and she did it in less than 10 min with no tears.  DH’s post wash count was 70 million…way, way, up from last time.  I’m positive the old RE said it was only 5 million but the NP we talked at this clinic said 16 million was in our records….either way, it was way better than last time.  He has been using Young Living Blue Spruce to help bring his testosterone number up so I’m hoping that was part of it.  So on paper, our numbers are pretty good, but of course, as we all know, on paper means nothing when it comes to infertility.  So I’m officially in the 2WW and trying not to go crazy.  Using my progessence plus and gentle baby essential oils and just trying to stay calm and relaxed.  This is a crazy busy week so hopefully it’ll fly by and before I know it, the wait will be over.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s