Good news….I get to put the IVF vs. Adoption decision on hold, at least for awhile. I went to the clinic on Tuesday for a general ultrasound. I also met the Dr. for the first time (I’ve always had a N.P or P.A. til now). I really like her, although, I really like everyone I’ve worked with at the new clinic. After looking at the pics from my ultrasound, she believes I have stage 2 or 3 endometriosis. It amazes me that they are the first to suggest this when I’ve been having some of the symptoms since I was 15 or 16 years old! I’m 37 now, that’s a lot of years!
Anyways, surgery is scheduled for June 6th. Dr. Ryan believes that our chances of getting pregnant will go up about 30% after the surgery, she did not say whether this is naturally or through IUI but she did say that she doesn’t think we even need to contemplate IVF for at least 6 months. I am on bcp until the surgery and then we can try on our own the cycle immediately following surgery. We will also be on vacation then so maybe that will be helpful. She said they will also dilate my cervix more than it needs to be so that should help with the cervical stenosis problem the month we try on our own and that just leaves the cervical fluid problem. Hopefully, preseed will help with that. She also said that if/when we do the next IUI, we will just use follistim. She believes that the pills are really messing with my lining because they block estrogen and follistim will not do that.
I know most people do not look forward to surgery, but I am. I wish schedules would allow me to get in sooner. I am so happy to have some kind of answer on why the IUI’s haven’t been working. I know this doesn’t guarantee that we will get pregnant naturally or with an IUI, but it gives me more hope that an IUI will work eventually. Praying that I never have to make that IVF/Adoption decision. We would still love to adopt one day, it’s something we planned on doing before we knew were infertile, but then we could do it on our own timeline.