Day 2 of the Blogging Challenge is 20 things you may not know about me. There will probably be some things that you know because I know I’ve shared facts before but I don’t remember what they are and if I could even come up with 20 fresh facts, lol.
1. I don’t believe in buying cookie dough, unless it’s a fundraiser for my nieces or nephews.
2. I have 2 Sisters, both older, much to my Dad’s dismay, lol.
3. I am the only child my parent’s had together. They each had a daughter from their first marriages.
4. J and I’s first date was at Pizza Hut. I wanted a public place and the one we met at was smack dab in the middle of the 2 towns we were living in.
5. I have a major fear of loud noises. Guns, fireworks, balloons popping, thunder. I have gotten better about the fireworks and thunder but I still freak out if the thunder starts cracking. I do like a nice rumbly thunderstorm now though.
6. My favorite wine is Prairie Fume`. It’s from Wollersheim Winery, right here in WI.
7. My bachelorette party consisted of going to the winery for a tour and tasting, dinner at The Melting Pot, and then to a comedy club in Madison, WI.
8. Once upon a time, I despised cats. It wasn’t until my first stray found me that I fell in love with them.
9. Besides the people I left behind, the thing I miss most about CT is the food. My favorite restaurants are Sakura in Westport (hands down the best hibachi place ever…their noodles are to die for), Colony Pizza (OMG… BEST pizza EVER) in Stamford, Fairfield and I believe they have now opened a location in Milford), Barcelona in South Norwalk or Fairfield), and Robek’s for their amazing smoothies (locations all over but the one I go to most is in Westport).
10. My childhood summers were spent at the pool. Our city pool was only 2 blocks from my house so we would go at 1pm, then walk the back path to Dairy Queen for the 3pm break, go back and swim til it closed at 5pm for dinner. Go home for dinner and the half the time, we’d go back from 6pm til 8 or 9pm when it closed.
11. I was a cheerleader in 9th grade and then on the dance team for 10th and 11th. Senior year I didn’t do anything due to scoliosis.
12. On March 31st, 2005 I was in a car accident that completely crumpled the front end of my ford focus. A 17 yr old kid turned into traffic and hit me so hard on the passenger front corner that it messed up my door and took all my strength to get the door open and out of the car.
13. That is when I met the best Chiropractor EVER and I still go and get adjusted by him when I’m visiting CT.
14. My favorite band growing up was NKOTB. I am still a little obsessed with them and have all my memorabilia from when I was a kid. My room was literally wallpapered and ceiling papered in posters and I had the sheets, comforter and curtains, lol.
15. I like to change things up. I don’t like my hair to be the same cut and color for too long. Rooms need to get painted and furniture moved around often. J always makes fun of me that I’m going to trade him for a new model because of my love of change.
16. As much as I love change, I’ve found out that I’m not good at changing jobs. Every time I have changed jobs since nannying for the Lucas’s, I have been less happy with it, at least for the first long while.
17. I love breakfast food. Although I was a cook in high school on Sunday’s at a local cafe, J is charge of making breakfast if it’s eggs. I take care of it if it’s pancakes.
18. Sometimes, I miss my Dad so much it hurts. At other times, I get angry about things that happened while he was alive and then I feel guilty for being angry.
19. If I ever get a chance to do a reading with Theresa Caputo (The Long Island Medium), I will totally take it.
20. Sometimes, when I’m just out of patience with the daycare kids and would rather be doing anything else, I think, this is the reason God hasn’t made me a Mom. I know that’s ridiculous…I know the love for your own child is completely different, but sometimes, that’s just how I feel. Today is one of those days. 2 of the kids were just tired and cranky all morning. Another one is just in an extremely stinkerish phase and will not listen. And another just had an attitude. The baby won’t take a decent nap and I didn’t sleep well last night. Not a good combination today!