Weekend Recap 11/13-11/15

The weekend started off well.  I went to the gym after work and did a short spinning class (OMG…so hard).  I could sit down and cycle no problem, but the parts where you’re supposed to stand or keep your butt just above the seat…no go.  I did still burn 200 calories though so I’ll take it!  After the gym, I came home and made dinner (although for the life of me, I can’t remember what…ha, just remembered…tilapia and asparagus).  I did great on food the first half of the week, but by Thursday afternoon, all I wanted was coffee and some sweets so that’s what I had.  Then I had a Family Promise meeting in my hometown so when I stopped at my Mom’s before hand, my niece was selling candy bars for dance team so of course I bought one and ate it for dinner.  Then by the time I got home, I was starving so I had J throw in a frozen pizza before I got there and ate 3 pieces of that before bed.  Friday afternoon I ate sweets again.  😦  Overall though, my veggie in-take was way up!  After dinner, J watched the Badger game and I went in our room and watched a Christmas movies before heading to bed early because Saturday was going to be a big day.

Saturday morning I got up early (6:30am), got ready quick and headed out the door.  Went the opposite direction of where I needed to go just to grab some Starbucks.  Then off to my hometown I went for Family Promise’s 3rd annual Clothing Giveaway.  The Haiti missions group in our area does a  huge rummage sale every year and they always give us all the clothes that are left over, we then take in donations the week leading up to the giveaway (we think we now have storage space so that we can start collecting all year round and hopefully do the giveaway in the spring and the fall).  Anyways, there is no income verification and anybody can come in and get what they need.  We have boys and girls clothes from birth on up and women’s and men’s clothes.  Even maternity this year plus blankets, coats, gloves, hats and shoes plus some other miscellaneous things each year.  I think those of us that volunteer always end up feeling more Blessed than those that come in.  Last time we did this was in January and I was in the middle of my miscarriage so I had a hard time finding the Blessing in it, but this time it was back to feeling great about it.  It was also the kick off to National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness week here in the US.  If you can, make a donation to your food pantry or one of your other community organizations that helps these groups of people!  After the event was over, I pretty much just vegged out on the couch the rest of the day.  J and I watched the Paris coverage that night and my heart just broke and I went back to the days following 9/111 all over again.  😦

Sunday morning, I was awake by 7:30am.  J got up at 8am and decided he wanted to try and make the 8:30 service instead of our usual 10:30.  We were only a few minutes late to a really amazing sermon.  The day started great and unfortunately just went down hill from there.

For any of you who have been following my blog for at least 6 months knows, my kitties went to live with my Mom this summer after 3 years of just living in my basement because they hated Rocky.  They are so much happier there and get lots of attention and sunlight.  On Thursday before the meeting when I stopped at Mom’s, I held Lucy so she could cut some mats out of her fur.  Before Mom even touched her, she started yowling and making this noise I’ve never heard out of her before.  I could also tell that she had lost weight.  On Friday, Mom said she was lethargic and just laying around all day, upstairs on the couch by Mom which was unusual for her.  Saturday, Mom got home from work and Lucy had extremely bad jaundice.  Sunday, I went to Mom’s at noon to watch the Packer game, she said she couldn’t find Lucy when she got home (she wasn’t in her usual hiding places).  I went downstairs to call and look for her and heard her doing that yowling again.  My heart just broke as I picked her up and I was just bawling.  I proceeded to hold and pet her as she laid on my lap for the next 6 hours.  In the last hour, she peed all over me and didn’t even realize that she had done it.  Mom and my Sister went and got kitten milk and soft food to force feed her, hoping to get her liver flushed out and regenerated.  It was a hard day with a lot of crying.  Mom continued to get up every few hours throughout the night to feed her.  She last fed her at 5am and when she got up at 7am to give her the last of the milk, she had passed away.  I am so happy that I got to be with her and hold her and love on her yesterday and I’m happy that for the most part, she didn’t seem to be in pain and is no longer suffering, but I’m heartbroken that she is gone.

RIP my Sweet Lucy!


Linus and Lucy when I first got them.


20 thoughts on “Weekend Recap 11/13-11/15

  1. My heart just breaks for the loss of your little fur baby! But what a way to go… All loved on by the humans who cared about her! That’s how we all would like to go out.

  2. I’m so sorry to hear about your darling little Lucy! I’m glad you managed to see her and cuddle her yesterday. I don’t know what I’d do if anything happened to my little fur baby. Sending you hugs. xx

  3. I am so sorry about Lucy. Gosh, losing a pet really is one of the saddest things a person can go through. I still miss my dog Gretel every single day and it’s been two years since she passed. Sending love to you. I’m so glad you got to spend time with her.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s