Always Playing Catch Up!

That is how I’m always feeling lately.  Trying to catch up on your posts, trying to catch up with my own post, trying to catch up on my businesses, trying to catch up on house work, trying to catch up with friends and trying to catch up on family.  Time needs to slow down just a bit!

So I last left you with our trip to Las Vegas.  It was a blast but I was happy to be home and sleeping in my own bed again.  In fact, I’ve only had one night of bad sleep since we’ve gotten home which is a huge improvement.  If I feel like I might have one of those nights, I just take a Sleepessence and off I go to dreamland.  It’s fantastic.  🙂

So, a couple of Sundays ago (on the only really beautiful day we’ve had recently), I decided that I needed to get the daycare moved to the basement.  There was just not enough room in the living room anymore and I felt like I was spending more time telling the kids to stop doing something they weren’t supposed to more than anything else.  I as always forgot to take before pictures but let me just say that the cement part of our basement was so chocked full of stuff, you could barely walk through it anymore.  Here are the after pics:

My only suggestion would be that if you decide you want to do a project of this magnitude, don’t wait until a Sunday to decide that’s it, you want to do it, lol.  I am so glad we did it though.  The kids love having so much room to run and play and I rarely have to tell them to get out of something because almost everything down there is for them.  🙂

On April 5th, there was a follow up hearing on L’s case.  We didn’t have to be there although I kind of wish one of us would’ve gone to represent our side.  Basically, the SW told us that BM didn’t understand why L wasn’t coming home with her that afternoon or why she was even removed in the first place.  It totally scares me that she just doesn’t get it.  She was also told that reunification couldn’t begin until the convicted felon that lives in her basement is no longer there and once that happened they could work towards unsupervised visits.  The problem with this is they didn’t give her a time frame in which to do it and that drives me nuts.  I think part of the behavior issues we have with L stem from not knowing what’s going to happen to her even if she doesn’t actually fully understand that or verbalize it.

Two days after the hearing, Miss L turned 6!  Unfortunately, the day before her birthday was a very bad day at school so it put a damper on things a bit, but we told her we would wait until the day after to talk about consequences so she could just enjoy her birthday.  On Saturday, we had all our family and quite a few friends (neighborhood and school) come over to celebrate.  We were originally going to do it at the village park but it was a chilly day with newborns coming so I’m glad we switched it to our house.  L was well celebrated and had a wonderful time.  That night, her half brothers Mom took her overnight so J and I got to hit the bed early and sleep in a bit.  It felt amazing!


Egg Racing


Piniata Time


The gorgeous cake and just some of the cupcakes that J’s cousin’s beautiful wife made for L.


Present opening.

Let’s see, what else has been going on.  I went for a consultation for a breast reduction surgery.  It’s something I’ve wanted to do for quite sometime and with having the summer off this year and already using up my deductible last September for my laparoscopy, now is the time to do it.  Of course, insurance has approve it first so I’m waiting to hear on that.  Prayers for a yes would be appreciated!

I’ve also started going back to the gym a bit.  I have an appointment with my trainer tonight and Thursday night.  My Mom and I are also going to the “Long Island Medium”, Theresa Caputo tomorrow night.  I am so freaking excited about this.  We have seats pretty close to the stage so I’m really hoping to get a reading and to hear from my Dad, Uncle or Grandma.

In pup news…Bandit’s been getting more aggressive when he’s sleeping.  If you try to move or bug him, he will bite.  Not to the point that it really hurts me, but still.  Now, he ended up getting his paw hurt at his thumb nail and it got infected.  We took him to the vet because he was just being vicious if you tried to get near him.  Like, Justin was putting on gloves to pick him up to put him outside.  He seems to mostly be in the morning and at night and then in the afternoon, he’s not too bad.  Anyways, they had to sedate him to take care of it and he’s on antibiotics for the next 10 days and we have to soak his paw everyday for 5 minutes.  I’m hoping he gets back to my sweet little pup very soon!

Alright, I think that’s everything I wanted to make sure I got you all caught up on.  I’m still working on reading all of yours.  I think I’m about 20 posts away from being caught up, lol.  I hope all is well with you, my friends!

Lots of Love~Dawn

Update:  I caught up on all your blogs before the kids woke up from naps!  Yeah!!!!

10 thoughts on “Always Playing Catch Up!

  1. L’s party looks like so much!! I also really hope Bandit gets better soon and gets back to his happy puppy self! And the daycare space looks awesome too! I so wish we lived near you, finding good childcare is my least favourite parenting activity so far.

    • Thank you…again, with Trump running for President… you may get your wish, lol. Bandit is already feeling better, Thank God! He was running around last night with energy and actually hopping into our laps and giving us kisses and he did the same this morning which has been his particularly grouchy and aggressive time. He ran into L’s room this morning when I went to wake her up and snuggled right into her and gave her kisses. So happy to be getting our puppy back! 🙂

  2. Daycare area looks great! Good luck with the approval for your surgery and I hope that goes well. L’s party looks like so much fun! And great job going back to the gym! Have fun seeing the Long Island medium too!

    • Thank you! It was a fun party and luckily went off without a hitch, even with so many adults and kids in an average size ranch house, lol. I had a session with my trainer last night and the sore muscles are definitely starting to kick in now. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s