I let the SW know this morning that we don’t feel that we are a good fit for M. I feel bad because every child deserves a loving home.
Unfortunately, she just didn’t fit in with us for several reasons.
- L didn’t warm up to her at all throughout the weekend and that’s unusual for her.
- J and I, unfortunately didn’t really warm up to her either. When we first met L, we felt bonded to her by the end of the night and that just didn’t happen with M.
- She’s 11 yrs old, but in some ways, even less mature than L and yet, she still wanted to try and mother her which didn’t go over so well.
- When school starts again and J is coaching, I am not going to have the time to meet both hers and L’s needs.
- We have no idea what’s going to happen when L’s BM gives birth. We don’t know if the baby will stay with her or if we’ll get a call and we don’t know how L is going to react because she NEVER talks about it.
- Ultimately, L is our first priority and she just didn’t seem comfortable. On top of that, L has made so much progress on her behavior and we felt that M’s behavior may cause L to go backwards. Plus, because of some things in M’s background, we couldn’t really let them just play on their own without listening in and making sure nothing inappropriate was being said and honestly, it’s exhausting.
So, while I think J and I both feel bad that we’re not giving M the same loving home we have given L, I really think it’s best for all involved.