My Little Cocoon

I am loving my little recovery cocoon that we have created! I bought J an electric recliner with cup holders for his birthday/Father’s day. Unfortunately for him, I have swiped it for my recovery bed, lol. This thing is truly fantastic though. We moved the bed over a bit so we could fit it in on my side. I have the bed on one side to put things on and the window ledge on the other. The only I don’t have is a secure place for my coffee cup. Right now I have it sitting on a magazine on the bed.  

So, how’s the recovery going? Pretty well, I think. The incisions are sore and having drains in is uncomfortable, but the pain isn’t unbearable. The day of the surgery, I took the oxycodone every 4 hours as directed. Yesterday, I did Tylenol, then oxycodone in the evening and then Tylenol PM around 11:30pm. I slept great! My neck is getting a little sore, but I just rolled some deep relief on so hopefully that will have with the stiffness.  
J’s becoming a pro at taking care of the drains and I had my first shower last night. I thought it would be painful but it wasn’t at all. I can’t wait to go back to the Dr. on Monday though and get the stupid drains out. They’re extremely annoying and I can’t really go anywhere because I have to wear a button up pj top and any other button ups I have will totally show that I have the drains.
Now, on to the more important news! Right after I got back to the discharge room after surgery was over, J decided to check my email to see if anything had been sent from the adoption agency. I was thinking, “I highly doubt it”, but lo and behold, there was an email from BM’s social worker giving us BM’s number and saying that she’s looking forward to hearing from us! If I could have done a happy dance at that moment, I totally would’ve.
We waited til Friday morning to call her because the social worker said mornings are the best time to get a hold of her. We had a good conversation and she reiterated to us again the peace that she has felt about this since we met. That was soooo good to hear! She also invited us to her ultrasound appt on Tuesday so we will be going to her city for that. Then I think we’re going to take her for lunch and then go back to her house so J can hang some blinds for her.  
Ladies, I’m so excited about this but totally nervous at the same time. Oh, and we did the FB announcement yesterday as we finally felt safe enough to let everyone know. We figure if it doesn’t end up going though, we’re going to need all the prayers and support we can get. For those of you that aren’t FB friends with me, I put before/after pics on there of our kitchen and living room and then the last photo was this:

I hope you all had a great week and your enjoying your weekend!  Thank you again for all the love and support you have sent me!  L came over for about an hour Thursday night and is right back to her sassy attitude so those 7 months of hard work went right down the drain!

10 thoughts on “My Little Cocoon

  1. Wow, I only had the drains for 24 hours while I was in the hospital! I’m so glad I didn’t keep them as long as you are! Glad to hear you are recovering well! And I’m even happier to hear that you are in touch with BM again! And that everything is good. I love your announcement, it’s absolutely adorable!

  2. Love it!!! I was so excited to see your FB announcement the other day. I have been stalking your page for an update cause I figured something happened. Let us know how Tuesday goes!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s