Hey Ladies! Long time, no blogging. It’s been a summer for the history books. Well, at least the history book of my life, lol. So here it goes, our summer in a nutshell. Some of this you guys already know and some I haven’t written about yet.
- June 2nd: We get a call from our adoption agency saying a Birth Mom wants to meet with us.
- June 8th: We got to meet BM and L’s baby Sister is born.
- June 9th: We get a call from the SW saying that they will be discharging baby R to us.
- June 11th: We pick up R that afternoon.
- June 13th: There’s a hearing for R’s placement and we found out we may lose her to bio dad or maternal Grandma.
- June 16th: J goes to court hearing to represent us and after a 3 hour hearing (they’re normally 15min and go the way the sw and guardian ad litem suggest) R is placed with maternal grandma where bio mom is living. We also make the very hard decision to let L go with so she’s not separated from her whole family.
- June 20th: R and L move out.
- In the meantime, we’ve heard nothing from BM and her ultimate decision but are told to proceed like we have a baby coming July 15th.
- June 23rd: Go in for breast reductions surgery. When I get into recovery room, J checks my email to find that our sw has sent us BM’s number and says that she wants us to contact her.
- June 24th: Call BM in morning and she invites us to her next ultrasound/midwife appt.
- June 28th: Go and see baby girl on ultrasound and take BM and her son out for lunch and head to her house to help her hang blinds and get to know them better throughout the afternoon. We’re officially super excited and anxiously awaiting baby’s birth.
- July 4th: Text BM and wish her and her son a Happy 4th of July. She texts back that she’s been experiencing braxton hix contractions and feels like the baby’s dropped.
- July 5th: I contact our adoption worker to find out what fees we have left to pay and when they’re due.
- July 6th: Get a call from agency saying BM has changed her mind and wants to try to parent. Devastation and heartbreak ensues.
- July 7th: We got and meet 3 beautiful, sweet kids from Colorado. We had found out about them a few months ago from a church email asking for prayers. Their great aunt goes to our church and the kids were placed with Grandma out in Colorado but she’s unable to keep them long term due to health issues. We had been in contact with great aunt and grandma over the last few months and she asked us to come meet them as family friends while they were here on vacation. They are 6,5 and 10 months and just as sweet as pie. Parents rights have not been TPR’d at this time but their visits have been cut down so this is a wait and see situation but Grandma did say that if she gets the choice, she wants us to adopt them.
- Meanwhile, recovery is going great. I stopped pain meds after the first weekend once the drains were removed and really had no trouble with pain until I over did it cleaning on July 21st and then watched a few kids on the 22nd. Recovery went down his from there.
- The following week I started getting a rash all over and under my breasts spreading down towards my stomach. It’s incredibly itchy and I tried oils and anti fungal creams to no avail. A week later, I finally went in and saw one of the plastic surgeons and he prescribed prednisone starting with 6 pills a day and each day it tapered down one pill. The itching stopped within a day and rash started to slowly go away but once I got down to only taking the 2 a day, itchiness and rash started coming back. Went to dermatology yesterday and they prescribed a hydrocortisone cream so hopefully that will start helping.
- Other than that, I am finally off restrictions but haven’t made it back to the gym yet.
- Other things that happened this summer: Got our bedroom, nursery, kitchen and living room all painted. We also finally bought new flooring and J is working on that as I type. I can’t wait to show you guys the before and afters.
- We bought a camper! I am not a tent camper. I didn’t grow up in a camping family and every time J and I have gone, it’s poured rain through the night and has just generally sucked. One of my past daycare parents was selling theirs and they took great care of it and were selling it for a good price so we bought it.
- We may be transitioning an 8 mo old baby girl into our home over the next couple of months. We got a call from the same county that L and R were through asking if we’d be interested in this situation. She’s been in foster care the last 5-6 months but her current foster family are an older couple who have already raised their kids and don’t want to adopt and it sounds like this situation may go that route. We will have to do it slowly over 2 months to build the attachment because at one point, she was at failure to thrive. We are hoping to hear very soon on what the transition plan will be and asking that you pray for us that this situation doesn’t fall through also. For the first 6 months, only J and I are allowed to care for her so no babysitters of any kind.
So that’s pretty much everything that has happened this summer, I think, lol. It’s been crazy busy and I’m so happy I had it off from daycare because I don’t know how I would have functioned or handled all the ups and downs that happened. I wish I didn’t have to start back to daycare and could just continue to work on myself, my family and Young Living, but unfortunately, we’re just not in that kind of position financially.
I’m behind once again on your blogs but will try to get caught up soon. Sending you all love and hoping the last few weeks of summer are great ones for y’all!
Lots of Love~Dawn